Move over Elon Musk, you’re not the only one who wants to read minds!
Facebook unveiled their Brain API Beta at F8, aiming to “integrate people’s thoughts into the next generation of apps”. Given the less-than-discreet reputation Facebook has earned, this is understandably putting some noses out of joint (would you trust them with your thoughts?) But putting privacy or morality to one side (*fingers firmly in ears*), we instead want to look at the awesome tech behind the project. Their team of scientists and developers are treading new ground in both BioTech implants and “neural machine learning”. Thinking as positively as possible, the tech could completely revolutionise treatment plans for neurological disorders. Seems a noble enough cause?
Another group using sensors to potentially tackle the way we treat debilitating disease (and pick up weapons in VR video games) are the team behind the ‘Stretch-Sensing Soft Glove.’ This glove accurately captures intricate hand movements without the need for optical tracking (watch them show off the product and absolutely slam their competitors below!) Meanwhile teams at UC Berkeley and Stanford have both developed similarly thin sensors to track even more biometric data about us “glamorously” through our sweat! Shows just how versatile and open this field is. So, whether you’re prepared to deal with the ickier privacy concerns of neural implants, or just want your sensors to be plain sticky, it looks like this tech will be a major part of future wellness and health. Really it’s just common sense(or)!
Check out this week’s hottest jobs
- React Frontend Engineer at Verisart
- Community Team Lead at School Space
- Community Team Manager at School Space
- School Partnership Manager at School Space
- Executive Assistant To Ceo For Fundraising at Bobtradecom at Bobtrade
- Head Of Product at Verisart
- Customer Service Agent at Bombinate
- Fullstack Developer Nodejs Hapijs React at Silicon Milkroundabout
- Full Stack Developer at Aspirant Analytics
- Community Manager at Homeshift
- Product Marketing Manager at Homeshift
- Customer Success Executive at Pasta Evangelists
- Senior Account Manager at Beauhurst
- Backend Engineer Ruby at Zencargo
- Front End Developer at Adzuna
- Commercial Partnerships Manager at Hussle
- Customer Success Manager at Reposit
- Content Writer [30-34k] at Blink
Want to work with us?
Check out our vacancy for a Sales and Operations Intern – apply on the site if you think you can be our next superstar!
That glove is really cool!