Get the Weekly Brief straight in your inbox: Subscribe
A little exercise in tricky decisions this week. If Warren Buffet told you to ditch shooting for the perfect CV and risk it all for that dream job today, would you listen? OK, maybe too easy for people here most likely following the startup dream – how about, how should a self-driving car choose who to kill in a crash? Not such a simple one… There’s actually a (slightly morbid) game developed at MIT that’s worth a quick play on that latter subject, if only to test your moral mettle. Just don’t do it with too many friends in tow – a new study out last week shows we’re far more likely to think freely (and be more scientifically innovative) when in as small a group as possible. Something to mention perhaps next time someone suggests one of those massive work meeting with too many dumb bodies in the room. Or maybe keep that to yourself…
“Saving Up Sex for Your Old Age. It Just Doesn’t Make a Lot of Sense”
Warren Buffet says the “build your CV first” career advice is all wrong. It’s working for those you admire today that’s more important.
How Should Self-Driving Cars Choose Who Not to Kill?
A popular MIT quiz asked ordinary people to make ethical judgments for machines…
…and Who Would You Choose to Kill? Take the Quiz!
The aforementioned MIT quiz itself – where do you stand vs your peers on killing?
Can Big Science Be Too Big?
A new study finds that small teams of researchers do more innovative work than large teams do.
A (not so small) group of fantastic job opportunities from this week:
- CRM Lead at Cherryz in London
- Technical Lead / Lead Developer in Fintech at Manigo in London
- Operations Management Associate at Lyvly in London
- E-commerce Operations Exec at Signup.mobi in London
- Social Media and Online PR Manager at Cherryz in London
- Customer Champion at Akkroo in London
- Customer Success Manager at Pasta Evangelists in London
- Customer Happiness Associate at Simplycook in London
- Operations Manager at Trade Angel in London
- Senior/Lead Developer (Home based) at Fanfinders.com in London
- Lead Digital Marketing Manager at Perfocal in London
- Customer Success Associate at Guidebook in London
- Product Manager / Business Analyst at Eva.ai in London
- Paid Digital Marketing Internship (Potential CMO/Co-founder) at ChewyMoon in London
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly in London
- Senior Backend Developer at Verisart in London
- SAAS sales – AI Rectech – 75k OTE at Eva.ai in London
- Partnership Development Representative at Reposit in London
- Senior Account Executive (B2B) at Akkroo in London
- Sales Executive at Movebubble in London
- Full Stack Development Lead at Secret Spa in London
- Frontend Developer at Snaptrip in London
Catch the Weekly Brief every week by Subscribing to our Newsletter
In my experience the smaller the team the better, and ideally with one “leader” driving the conversation. If I had a pound for every time I’d seen “groupthink” I wouldn’t need to work again…