Get the Weekly Brief straight in your inbox: Subscribe
Every so often it’s important for us to stop, reflect, and realise when something’s not quite right. This is a fast-paced space where time is a serious luxury (!), but when there’s a lingering issue that needs addressing it’s important to do just that – otherwise we’ll end up creating elephants in the room that could fast become out of control, with fairly nasty repercussions for more than just ourselves.
Tomorrow is International Women’s Day, which we should all be duly championing (we certainly are here). But there remains an inconvenient truth that we aren’t, as a collective, doing enough to get more women into tech jobs. There’s progress, sure, but it’s slow, damaging for all of our futures, and is fundamentally very awkward – the latter sentiment being one that also resonates (albeit to different degrees) when you hear about misleading claims of “AI” within startups, or of reports that our tech and smart phone addiction is becoming a huge contributor to global warming.
So take some time to reflect today. What can we all be doing to cage these elephants and awkward turtles – we’re in the business of making a difference, so let’s act!
Women In Tech: Inconvenient Truths And Changing Perspectives
What can we learn from other geographies to create a new approach and genuinely equal opportunities for women in tech?
Europe’s AI start-ups often do not use AI, study finds
Research shows 40% of claimants allegedly have no artificial intelligence programs in their products – awkward!
‘Digital sobriety’ can halt tech-fuelled global warming, says report
Our tech addiction is actually cooking the planet – oh dear…
The only inconvenient truth we like is that Work in Startups will always have the best selection of UK startup jobs – Check it out:
- Production Manager (Temporary – 4 Months) at Yearbook Machine in London
- Senior Unity Developer For Mixed Reality at Holomeeting in London
- Head Of Marketing at Holomeeting in London
- Content Marketing Executive (Inbound) at Commusoft in London
- Account Executive at Guidebook Inc in London
- Client Services Co-ordinator at Commusoft in London
- SAAS Product Manager at Akkroo in London
- Senior .NET Backend Developer (Remote) at Wealthkernelin London
- Growth Marketing Lead at Joblab in London
- Part-time Financial Controller at Pasta Evangelistsin London
- CRM Lead at Cherryzin London
- Technical Lead / Lead Developer in Fintech at Manigoin London
- Operations Management Associate at Lyvlyin London
- E-commerce Operations Exec at Signup.mobiin London
- Social Media and Online PR Manager at Cherryz in London
- Customer Champion at Akkroo in London
- Customer Success Manager at Pasta Evangelists in London
- Customer Happiness Associate at Simplycook in London
- Operations Manager at Trade Angel in London
- Senior/Lead Developer (Home based) at Fanfinders.com in London
As always, subscribe to our newsletter for more like this.
Happy Hunting! Happy Hiring!